The End of Doki Doki Digest - Moved to Sweet & Spicy Reviews!

 To my lovely readers:

Today marks a sad day for me, but it isn't the end of my romance review writing. Today I'm ending my work on Doki Doki Digest. You can still find my otome (and other romance games) reviews at Sweet & Spicy Reviews, so please feel free to check out the site and continue to follow.

I suppose a little info is in order, for those that want more than "go here, this is where I live now."

About two months ago (Feb 2023), I was offered the opportunity to work with Oona Tempest, the creator and lead of Sweet & Spicy Reviews. I had connected with her last year and we really hit it off, so of course I jumped at this opportunity. I had still planned to keep Doki Doki Digest running, but now that it has been two months, I'm finding it too difficult to manage articles for both blogs. Seeing as how one is now an employment opportunity, and one is a hobby, I've decided I can't keep updating Doki Doki Digest on any sort of regular schedule, and cutting it out from my workload is currently the best choice for me.

As some of you may know, I'm chronically ill, and while I've been learning to manage my life and symptoms for the last few years, taking on too much literally makes me sick. I am, unfortunately, an otome heroine in that regard, getting a fever from overworking. Haha. As much as I love my own review blog, and had so much fun with it the last few years, I just can't do both. And so, with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes, I know this will likely be the last thing I write for this website.

I want to thank everyone for visiting and reading my reviews here. I really did have so much fun with it. My friends and family that supported me and pushed me to live out my dreams of sharing my thoughts on the games I love so much, you are invaluable and you've helped me reach a place where I was confident I could actually get my dream job - doing this hobby, writing about the 2D characters I love, or love to hate.

This isn't the end for me, in fact, you could say this blog was the beginning and more wonderful things are going to come. If you liked my writing, I'm still carrying on over on Sweet & Spicy Reviews, so don't hesitate to check it out. The site really is designed so much better, as well. You can follow and like posts, and you can search for authors, so it should be easy to find me. Oona is also rather amazing, imo, so check out her posts too.

What else is there to say but thank you? Thank you for the support. Thank you for the fun. Thank you for helping me believe in myself. Thank you for the memories, and they really were great. Thank you for following and coming back even when I couldn't put out the amount of reviews I wanted. Thank you for watching my streams and liking my tweets. Thank you for making this journey well worth it and the biggest turning point in my life.

Thank you for being you, and for letting me be me.

RJ Mercy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog