Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly -- No Spoiler Review

 Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly

System: PC, PSVita 

Price: $29.99, $39.99 

Voice Acting: Yes (Japanese) 

ESRB Rating: T (13+) 

Overall Rating: Stole 8.5/10 ♥s 



Pre-Game Perception: Something like Saw II, but less horror since it’s a dating game. There’s gotta be a good ending to this.

Morning-After Reflection: An incredibly deep story exploring losing oneself when relationships come to an end, and finding who you really are when you’re stripped to the bone.


Story: “Awakening in a mysterious mansion, her first, frantic thoughts are:

“Where am I? And more importantly, WHO am I?”


She encounters several young men in the same predicament trapped and missing their memories. To survive they must hunt black butterflies and claim kaleidoscope shards from the horrific monsters surrounding them.


Will their path lead them to hope or despair?”

Interest Rating: 8/10. I wasn’t sure how survival-horror/mystery was really going to work with romance, but I’ve dated weirder dudes. Probably. I heard from someone somewhere that it was a good game, and it just stuck with me, so I bought it with little convincing because it sounded pretty cool.


MC: Let me introduce you to Ai Minato, a name you won’t get to hear for 90% of the game. No, the MC is not absent, it’s just that her memories are, and so she takes up an alias, the name Beniyuri. That’s cool, I like to use the default names anyways for high production games like Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly because you get to hear the LIs say it, but I do wonder what the point of allowing players to choose a name at the beginning of the game is? Yeah, neat, pick a first and last name, but it doesn’t really matter because you’ll be Beniyuri throughout the majority of the game and interactions. It’s like they thought to themselves, “Let’s give the self-inserters a chance, but still make sure they don’t get the chance to override the character we made.” I do get it, really, I do. If anyone were to wake up with amnesia, whatever name they use isn’t likely to be their real name, but it’s kind of a low blow to give the option for something that barely matters in the end.

Anyways, besides the fact that you can needlessly change the MC’s first and last name, there is another goody you might be looking forward to. MC is voiced! And I liked it, too. I always test out the MC voice to see if I enjoy the sound, because just like any voice for any game, sometimes it just doesn’t jive with me, but the MC’s is pretty good, imo. She doesn’t have a sprite, but shows up in a large portion of the pictures; I haven’t counted, but I assume it’s probably around ¾ of them. And since she’s voiced, her personality comes out nice and clear. I wonder if I had silenced the MC if it would have made such an impression on me? She certainly doesn’t have an aggressive personality, but it is strong; and when you get to hear her voice her lines, there’s no mistaking what the translation should be because MC’s seiyuu is never flat in delivery.


As for personality, I did say strong so I’m sure you’re expecting things. Don’t worry, I am too. MC fights when there’s fighting that needs to happen, she cries when there’s crying needing to be done; she embodies many “good” qualities like protecting others, seeing the good in people, and offering kindness and compassion, but she also carries a healthy amount of “flawed” traits as well. I don’t find her to be shallow or one dimensional, which is interesting seeing as how she starts out not even knowing who she is, yet somehow her personality speaks for itself and she is a complete person despite missing key components of her life. She is not my favorite MC, but she carries her own and I can see that her character was fleshed out as much as the LIs typically are. There isn’t a lot of room to self-insert, but I feel the game draws you in even without being able to create your own personality for the MC.


Likability Rating: Yu. MC makes a swell young woman. She doesn’t resonate completely with me, but I was wishing for the best for her when the endings came around, so obviously I felt some attachment.


Plot: The main point of Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly is to go into it without knowing much since it is a mystery-type game, so there’s not much I’m going to be able to say about the plot in general. Basically, MC wakes up in a mansion, finds a monstrous creature that she’s certain is going to try to murder her, runs into a man that helps her out of certain death, and they discover that neither of them can remember anything about themselves before waking up in the mansion. Eventually the rest of the cast gets introduced, all facing the same predicament of amnesia, and they band together to try to survive whatever this place is. I honestly had a lot of fun with my lack of knowledge. It felt like I got to learn about everything at the same time as the characters, so if you can not spoil yourself, keep it that way.


You are forced down the common route including the common route ending for your first playthrough. After that you get more choices, and depending on what you’ve played, more choices get unlocked for each additional playthrough. The prologue (and first three chapters) can get repetitive if you play through it each time, but the game uses a flowchart system, which allows you to skip around to important decisions or scenes. So there really is very little reason to play through the prologue every time when you can see that you’ve 100%ed that scene and move on to the next that you haven’t made a choice for. Branches are clearly marked, so you’ll never be confused on whose route you’re on, or who you haven’t done. With that in mind, each route covers their own conclusion to the common route, and once you’re actually on a route there are no repetitive stories.


As a note that is somewhat outside of my usual review format, I thoroughly enjoyed the story-telling in this game. I have never played a game and finished ⅛ of it and then thought, “Naw, that’s good. I’m happy with this ending and if I paid this price for this game, I’d be cool with what I got if we stop here.” I like to 100% games. I like to know the full story. But the way the story unfolds and is told makes every ending feel like it could be the true ending. The game feels complete in every route even if you don’t know the reasons for everything. It is probably my favorite type of story-telling I’ve come across so far in VNs, and I really appreciate the care that went into it.


Replayability Rating: ★★★★☆ There is no reason to replay portions you’ve already played (and the flowchart system makes that easy to avoid), but every LI route is unique, so be sure to cover all possible endings. Choices are few compared to the length of the story, but matter tremendously to draw out vastly different endings.


Love Interests: It’s time to uncover the men that you will be experiencing memory loss with. In this place you will encounter five fellas of differing dispositions, each willing to shoot monsters for our heroine, who also does the shooty-shoot thing. Despite the game being all mysterious, or perhaps because of it, a lot of interactions are slice-of-life-y and there’s a lot of character development to figure out just who each of the characters are as a person. The game itself refuses to allow you to do a LI route until you finish the common route completely; so by the time you get to get on with the romancing, you already know what guy to go for due to your tastes.

There is a recommended order, and a semi-forced order, as you can’t complete some routes without finishing other routes. I’m not entirely certain who you can do when, as I followed the recommended order of Kagiha > Hikage > Yamato > Monshiro > Karasuba. I do know that Karasuba has a lot of locks on his route, so he’s almost guaranteed to be the last LI you get to complete even if you managed to figure out your own order that allows for some wiggle room from the recommended. Kagiha and Hikage only have one ending, while Yamato, Monshiro, and Karasuba have two each. There are also “other” endings to the game that are not bad ends that you will be able to identify from the flowchart veering off in another direction. Some of which you have to complete in order to unlock character route decisions. Point is, you’re basically 100%ing the game in order to get your hands on all these wonderfully deep LIs.


So, let’s start at the start with Kagiha being our first gentleman to snuggle up to in this mansion of mystery. Of course by the time you’re able to get onto anyone’s route, you’ll know who it is you really want to pursue, but since this is a review of a game where we know nothing I think the best choice is to just go with knowing nothing besides first impressions. Kagiha is kind. Kagiha is caring. Kagiha is kinda not my type. He’s such a “nice guy” and I know that gets some people, but I guess I like them with a little more bite. He does seem to have MC at the forefront of his thoughts, which is a plus in my book, but he’s so agreeable and accepting of everything that I forget that he’s there as soon as he’s out of the picture. This isn’t to say that he’s a bad LI, because this game did make me feel things for all these boys. I’m just saying he wasn’t my man of the hour.


Hikage is rather abrasive on the first meeting. He exhibits a protectiveness of the MC, has a sharp stare, and comes across rather harsh and commanding. This is the bite I like in my men. I don’t want to say that I want them to boss me around…. But I want them to boss me around. Hikage’s attitude certainly isn’t for everyone, and that’s fine, but when they wear a frown more often than not, and then you get a smile from them, it just makes me squeal like a dolphin and my chest feels funny. Arrhythmia. I’m doomed. I also tend to take all the possibly condescending remarks as concern because dudes like this expect better from you and don’t know how to express it but sternly. They’re inadvertently cute to me. Hikage is cute. Sorry, not sorry.


I thought Yamato was in the running for first impression favorite. I’m not sure I really have a thing for the tsundere characters, since I tend to prefer them to be kuudere, but Yamato is introduced as the “sharp-eyed man” before you all take up aliases. And his eyes are certainly sharp looking. I like me some hard eyes with dark lining that make them cut like glass. Glare at me, Daddy! But as soon as he said more than five things my initial thought was “Yamato is a punk.” He is a tsundere if I ever met one, complete with the iconic “tch”. It’s not that I disliked Yamato, because I really didn’t, in fact I like him a whole lot, I just didn’t favor this boy while he was in his tsun phase.


Monshiro is a mystery for at least half of the game. He does show up in the prologue, but for one scene, and then he’s off again doing what he dos wherever he dosis it. He comes back in chapter four, and though I know that’s giving away more than I typically like to, I think it’s important to note that you’re not going to see any of him for a while. Monshiro wears a kitsune mask. He doesn’t say much. And he has some questionable fashion choices. Somehow he pulls it off and looks rather cool to me. I’d do him. By the time you get to his route, you should have gotten to know the guy a bit better and can determine what you think about him on your own. I was a fan, then again, I’m a fan of all the boys here, even those that are not my type. Take that how you will.


That leaves us with Karasuba. I’m honestly not sure why he’s locked behind so many endings, but he’s almost guaranteed for last because of it. If you manage to do him earlier, there’s no reason to hold off. I almost thought he was supposed to be the “true route” because of the restrictions, but having played most of the game by the time I got to him, pretty much every ending could be the “true route” which is why I enjoyed the game so much. No route really feels lesser to me. Anyways, all that talk and none of it is really about the sassy Karasuba. Certainly the most emotive and vocal character of the game, I’m not sure where we would be without his constant conflict. He’s not a combative character, he just isn’t afraid to say what he’s thinking, which is refreshing when people often refrain from speaking in order to not cause waves. I rather enjoyed most of his antics, overall, and I don’t know where the story would be without him.

Boy Crazy Rating: 90%. I’ve already fallen in love with my chosen husbandos from this game. But even those that didn’t make the cut were still interesting characters and I like what they brought.


Romance: Unfortunately, Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly is not a high romance game. They spend so much time developing the characters and telling the story that the amount of romance given is so very, very little. That doesn’t mean the story isn’t moving or that we won’t get some kiss CGs, it just means it’s not the focal point of the game, which is super unfortunate because I’d be down for some dirty business with most of the cast. Though every route deals with love in some fashion, the romance is severely lacking. You’re not going to get many moments where your heart will doki doki because of the love. Despite the romance lacking, the underlying current of love that colors the story is pretty strong, and because of that the rating isn’t going to be as low as a low-romance game would normally be from me.


Heart Palpitation Rating: C+. The tiny taste of romance you get doesn’t lend itself to being a very romantic story, but there are some very love-filled moments that I think touch on a deeper level than fluffy high school dating scenes.


Spice: You want to see some boinking in this mystery mansion? I did too. It’s a shame there’s no such treat. Granted, I didn’t really expect it, as I’ve learned by now that Otomate doesn’t really do a lot of spicy otoge for us, and this is an Otomate game. There’s literally only one shirtless CG, and only a few compromising CGs that are a little heat-inducing. And since the romance is low, there aren’t many scenes where we get some juicy, sexually-charged text descriptions either. The only way this could fail any harder was if the few comments we get that imply sex were removed completely.


Cold Shower Rating: Fail. Not a single place on me felt the tingles, leaving me wondering if I should have some cocoa just to feel warm again. Hot shower is recommended.


Angst: Well... MC and the LIs are in a mysterious place with murderous monsters. I think that ups the angst already. Add onto it that they don’t even have memories of who they are and we’re starting to see a thick stew of drama coming together. Once we start unraveling the story and peering through the fog, it just serves us more angst on that angst. That’s about it, though. If we go any further we’re treading into Nightshade and Hakuoki territories of angst-filled drama, and though Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly is plenty angsty in its own regard, I don’t think it meets the levels of the previous mentioned games.


The thing is, this game is heavy. There are some really heavy themes in the game, and it’s tragic throughout. If you’ve read my other reviews, you’ll know that I’m not a crier in most cases. I can count on one hand the games that have made me tear up, and even fewer where I actually shed a tear or two. It’s totally fine to be someone that cries, and it’s totally fine being emotionally dead like I am someone that doesn’t cry. I just use it as a measurement to explain how the game made me feel. I cried in this game. I wasn’t full-blown sobbing, and a single kleenex was enough to dry my eyes (though I just wiped that pain juice away with my fingers). The first time I got misty-eyed and maybe shed a single tear, but then the rest came later on in the same route where I would say it constitutes as crying. It actually led me to a discovery of what it is that gets me in these games, because it got added to the handful of games that made me teary and now I have enough data to figure out what exactly it is in each of those scenes that made it hurt so bad move me so much.


Drama Llama Rating: 8/10. The drama llama will show you things. It will guide you to the edge of the abyss and all will be revealed before the mighty llama of drama…. Or something ominous like that if you take a trip with it.


Voice Acting: I went into Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly knowing who some of the seiyuus were, and they were very easy to pick out due to the certain quality of their voices. The thing is, I like them better in this game than I have in any previous incarnation. They were so good. So. So. Good. Not just the ones I knew, too, but those I didn’t have on my radar before the game. Everyone did so well. I was amazed at everyone’s ability to really put feeling into their voices. I was blown away by the character that was portrayed by their performance, and not the voice that just went with the character. I know at certain points I thought to myself, “If they didn’t do that scene the way they did, I wouldn’t have cared as much as I did.” Gush, gush, gush. Look at me talk up the voice acting and not give any credit where credit is due.


Ishikawa Kaito (石川 界人) was perfect for Hikage’s stern commands, and though I had just heard him play a similar commanding character (Dante from Piofiore), Hikage had much more range than Dante did. I listened to his recordings again and again. Everytime I came to a part I had thoroughly enjoyed, I'd go line by line just to hear the exceptional work Ishikawa did with Hikage. Karasuba was voiced by Kakihara Tetsuya (柿原 徹也), which was another seiyuu I had recognized. In fact, the first sound Karasuba made in the game I knew was Kakihara. And though I enjoy his cheerful, sunny and soft voice in other games, the way he managed the Karasuba whine™ and delivered his prickly lines was just magical. Toriumi Kousuke (鳥海 浩輔) gave us the ever encouraging and soft-spoken Kagiha. It’s a side I hadn’t heard from Toriumi before since he has played some pretty stoic and angsty characters in the past that are constantly keeping their inner turmoil at bay; but hearing him say things full of sunshine while delivering it behind that Kagiha smile was warming. So very encouraging and smooooooooth. I’d listen to him tell me nice things all day.


The punk named Yamato featured Hosoya Yoshimasa (細谷 佳正), and it was perfection. I wasn’t so impressed to begin with because “angry young man” doesn’t seem that hard to do, but when the dere came out from behind the tsun, and when he got emotional, it cinched the deal and stole my heart with his voice acting. Apparently I like it when men cry... I had mentioned in the MC section that Beniyuri is voiced, and I want to give props to Nakahara Mai (中原 麻衣) for her voice acting that captured a believable MC. Nakahara was soft when she needed to be, firm when she needed to be, and I found her manner of speech to not sound too young or cutesy as I have had experience with that from young ladies in these games. It’s unfortunate that Monshiro doesn’t get a lot of screen time because the soft voice of Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (松岡 禎丞) really fit well with the character. I would have liked to hear more of him. On that note, Naganawa Maria (長縄 まりあ) voiced Usagi, who also doesn’t get much screen time since she is a side character, but I think she was a good fit for our little bunny-girl.


Expression Rating: Shu. It made me love some of the seiyuus even more than I already did, and brought a new appreciation for those that weren’t on my favorite list yet. Mad respect for all these talented seiyuus out there.


Art: I’ve played enough games by this point that I think I can pinpoint an art-style that I’ll enjoy, and Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly has that. I still like to maintain the air that I can appreciate many different styles, but that doesn’t mean I don’t see a certain one and go “That one. That’s the one.” I like high detail. I like hard lines. I like personalization. I like unique characters. I don’t care how practical an outfit is if it is interesting to me and attention drawing. I like different shaped faces and eyes, and body types while we’re at it, because if everyone is the same cut-out there’s really no point in dating anyone else when you can face swap them into another LI. So, does Psychedelica cover all of these things? Yeah, pretty close to top form, imo.


The sprites are emotive, and they actually move a bit to indicate emotion and movement in the game. For instance, if someone is feeling down based on something someone says, they actually sink on the screen. It’s pretty interesting to see so much movement from largely static pieces of the visual novel. They’re not animated, don’t misunderstand, they’re just not always standing still. Most sprites do not get a costume change. Everyone has several different facial changes, some of them probably more comical than intended, but I think that just endears them to me more. I’m rather fond of the patterns on each character, I find them beautiful and really eye-catching. You’re not likely to confuse anyone for anyone else, everyone has their own style and personality.


Review note: Honestly, if I could give this rating four and a half a stars, I would have, but I don’t do half stars. I think it beats out my other four star rated games, but I don’t think it’s as high as my five stars.

Still Picture Rating: ★★★★☆ Many pattern. Such accessory. Very immersive.


CGs: In one word: Poppin’! The way the colors, patterns, and characters are so bright against the drab backgrounds really brings them to the forefront of the pictures and adds additional life to the stills. There’s a watercolor look to most of them, and the smokey color-bleeding that the CGs had bothered me at first because it made the picture so busy, but eventually I grew to love how distinct this style was. There doesn’t appear to be any wonky proportions, everyone is sized as expected and consistent throughout CGs. I have nothing negative to say about the art. I think it’s lovely. I would have liked some scenes to be included as a CG instead of just text, but I understand production costs are a thing, so I take what I can get. I thought every CG was well chosen, and I plan on looking at a few of these over and over.


If I had one complaint, it would be that I was given the impression that there would be more CGs than there were, but I’m more than pleased with the amount we were given. The gallery has a separate section for each character, and then “Others” which includes pretty much every CG with Beniyuri in it. Each section has several pages outlined for when you collect all the CGs. The problem with this is that every CG where a character is in it - even if they weren’t the focal point - gets included in their personal album. So, for instance, the picture I’m providing below has Kagiha, Hikage, Yamato, Karasuba, and Beniyuri. That means each one of them gets a copy of the CG in their respective album, instead of including it in the “Other” album as a group photo. If someone were to look at the gallery beforehand and note that they get four pages of pictures, but are unaware that one CG is counted for five different people, they'd expect another four CGs.

Look at this Photograph Rating: 96%. I love the story the art tells. After reading the story I was staring at all the CGs to just appreciate those special moments and how impactful they all were.


UI/Mechanics: Do you like playing a console game on the PC and attempting to figure out all the ported controls that don’t make a whole lot of sense by themselves? I sure don’t! And I didn’t know that until I got my chance at Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. First, there is no button map. Well, no, that would be a fallacy. There is a button map to tell you what controller buttons are in accordance with the keyboard, but not what those buttons do. At all. Not for the controller. Not for the keyboard. So, sure, ‘;’ is the same as a controller button, but what does it do? Then, Googling how to do certain things brought up a lot of the same questions on the Steam community page, and sometimes those replies weren’t correct for me for some unknown reason. If I wanted to make the UI go away to look at the picture on my screen, ‘d’ was supposed to do that, but it didn’t. However, I found through trial and error that the middle mouse click would hide and show my display. Have fun button hunting to figure out what you need to do to make things do the thing.


Another annoying feature was that when I’d alt+tab the game would register my keystrokes like I was still in the game despite clearly being on another program. It wasn’t until I had already sunk many hours in - and resorted to hand-writing notes by that point - that I noticed if I alt+tabbed out of the game, back into the game, and out of the game a second time that it would let me control my computer without thinking it was priority even with something else selected. And while we’re airing our grievances, save slots are practically useless. I suppose this is a small issue as the game saves system data constantly, but if I’m on the common route and save, it doesn’t describe where I am, only what date and time I saved on (i.e. 12/13/2020 17:52). I can, thankfully, count and remember which save goes to what, but it would be a huge hassle if I were saving for favored scenes or moments and wanted to go back to them only to find a list of the same icon and nothing but dates to decipher where a scene was.


Last issue - which really falls into background sound effects, but I’m going to list it here because it’s not a BGM fault - is that there is a greenhouse room with a fountain. The water from the fountain loops every 13 seconds. How do I know? That f*cking thing is cut so poorly that it is very clear where it stops, then starts again. Every. 13. Seconds. When you’re spending a scene in the area, it just… keeps looping. And the constant splashing-silence-splashing really got to me to the point that I timed it since it was so annoying.


Okay, those are my complaints about the UI. Now onto the neat things! There’s a shooting mini-game. Apparently many reviewers hate this, but I thought it was fun. And once you’ve done it roughly four or five times, you don’t have to do it any longer (unless you’re aiming for achievements and haven’t gotten them by that point, but I had them all by attempt #4, so...) so you can exit it as soon as it starts and simply not do it. It also has a pretty good tutorial, which was nice because features like this that I’ve come across in other games don’t, and also don’t indicate if you’re even doing them right when you attempt to fumble your way through it. However, I really liked the minigame so I did it every time it came up, which is really only twice per route if you play a new game every time you start a new route; an option you don’t have to do because of the next nifty feature: the flowchart! At any point in a game, you can open the flowchart and pick another scene that you’ve already done to play through it. They are marked with a butterfly if they’ve been 100% completed, so you know that there are no choices you haven’t taken in that scene at that point. The flowchart not only shows you where the story branches, but once you do a branch of the story it names whose branch it is. I really thought this feature was neat and made me realize that there’s no real point in saving if you take breaks between chapter segments. Something I got a feel for after a few runs through the game.


There is so much immersion in this game from the art and angles used. When Beniyuri is looking around, the scene pans like a camera would go from side to side like you are looking around. When a character takes a deep breath, they literally expand and contract on the screen. It’s such a small thing, but means so much to me because I can easily step into the role of Beniyuri if the game shows me what she is seeing, and not just tells me.


Overall, everything else is as expected. A thorough menu that covers an array of options. Typical controls once you find them to look at the log, replay voices, jump scenes, etc., etc.. Voices can be turned off individually, you can change your screen mode, etc., etc.. Gallery is easy to navigate. Flowchart is clear and easy to navigate. The UI design is pretty okay too, I have no issues with it.


What’s this button do? Rating: B+. Decent UI with many options, but lack of button mapping brings it down quite a bit. This is pretty important especially if you intend to use different buttons for the usual things, like ‘Enter’ to turn on Auto instead of used as advancing to the next scene. I enjoyed the mini-game a lot, though.


Errors: I counted up all the text errors this game has, and for as long as it is, there’s really not that many. Typically the further you go in a game, the worst the translation gets or the more you find mistakes; not because you’ve put more time in, but because the last portions of a game rarely get combed through as thoroughly as the beginning. I tell people to think of it this way: Everyone plays the first 10% of a game, not everyone plays the last 10%. Most text errors were located in side stories, but that doesn’t exclude the main story from its share of oopsies. Overall there were 82 errors I found, for a 30 hour game (on average) that’s less than three an hour. Most of the issues were small, a missing letter to make a misspelled word; the one that sticks out most to me there is “toe” instead of “tone”. Which, although hilarious, was clearly not the intended word to be used. There was missing punctuation at the end of sentences. Again, little problems.


I’d say that 90% of the errors I caught could be easily overlooked or dismissed as expected. 6% of it might break someone out of their flow because the wrong pronoun was used which made it confusing on who was doing what, but when reread it could be filled in and corrected by the reader. That last 4% though, those ones bothered me. On more than one occasion someone’s voice clip would play for one page, then there would be no clip for the next page of text, so they broke up the translation and that’s annoying, though understandable. In one part of the game a character is talking, another character speaks - both voiced, mind you - then the original character says something very different sounding in speech, but it was translated as the exact same text as two pages before. Word for word in text-form. Clearly not word for word in spoken-form. I’ll never know what it is he says at that moment, and I’m sure it was important.


Here there be Bugs Rating: Pass. We counted the bugs and it turns out that they are all minor creepy crawlies. A few big ones, but they’re mostly harmless. No need to panic at this point.


Background Music: How many times will I say I liked the BGM of every game so far before I decide to just remove this portion from my review? Not today. Not today. The BGM is very thematic and enjoyable to have during gameplay. I really liked it and was happy to know the game I bought had given me access to the OST. I was unhappy with the way the music was set up on the OST, as it was literally just the music cut for the portion without a clear stop or stopping point, so suddenly music and suddenly the next song. No transition. That doesn’t reflect the game BGM, though, as sudden stops and starts are expected in a game setting. You could play this game without BGM, but unless you typically do that, you should keep this one on.


BY OUR RATINGS COMBINED!: Oh ho! You thought you were done, didn’t you? Don’t worry, this will be short. Sometimes my individual ratings do not always add up to my overall rating; this is because I find a reason to rate the game based on things that are not listed in my (very) long review. I couldn’t section everything. Sometimes price factors in. Sometimes personal tastes. Basically, what it comes down to is would I buy this game knowing everything I know? Would I recommend it to a friend? I would absolutely buy this game if I knew all the issues that came with it, which really aren’t many. I enjoyed it so much that I was willing to throw away more than ¾ of the game and accept the price for what I had already played. I would have enjoyed more romance, I would have enjoyed more spice, but the game is just :chef’s kiss: wonderful on its own. I would absolutely recommend this to a friend, of course mentioning that it isn’t about the romance that makes the whole thing special. I’m really looking forward to the other Psychedelica game that is out, despite knowing it is a different game, not a sequel but a series. If the same writer and artist worked on it, it’s sure to be a hit with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of Doki Doki Digest - Moved to Sweet & Spicy Reviews!